I guess we are all facing the post holiday eating frenzy!
My dear friend and Wellness Expert Dayana Haddad has prepared the following post for you to consider and enjoy 🙂
Are you still struggling with holiday weight gain? Although there is nothing wrong with occasionally indulging in your favorite treats, a serious consequence of holiday weight gain is that you may gradually adapt the eating habits that you’ve developed during the holiday season. So here are a few tips to fix that fast:
- Resist the temptation to indulge in sweets every day. Give away any holiday snacks or chocolate so you won’t face the temptation anymore.
- Refrain from eating too many snacks in between meals. Reconsider your choices and go for fruits.
- Limit your alcohol consumption to 2 drinks a week.
- One sure way to shed the pounds you gained during Christmas and New Year’s is to increase your physical activity. If you have stopped completely, well, you have no choice really but to start again. Your workout routine does not need to be strenuous. Instead, you just have to commit to do it regularly. If work keeps you busy, try to squeeze in some gym time during the morning or after work.
- Eat more vegetables. Remember that vegetables and greens are full of fiber and may help keep you full for longer. So why not skip this sandwich for dinner and have a big bowl of salad with low-fat dressing instead?
- Drink more water! Most of the time we think we’re hungry we are actually thirsty. In addition, water helps you feel fuller as you transition back to a healthier lifestyle.
- Go back to basics:
- Always start with a light breakfast
- Have a protein rich lunch
- Finish with a light dinner
- For snacks include fresh or dried fruit or a handful of nuts.
- Be patient and don’t quit. It took almost a month to gain these few kilos, so give it another one or two to lose them… in a healthy way.